Face Academy of Music is very excited to announce that registration is open for the seventh annual Colorado A cappella Summer Camp! Our aim is to provide a high quality "vocal band" experience to youth of all skill levels, while simultaneously upholding government safety directives to do the best we can to ensure the safety of all of our campers. With the well-being of our students and their families being our primary concern, we will need to modify our program this year to ensure everyone’s safety as best we can. Please review Summer Camp 2020 carefully to help you determine if this year’s camp is for you.
Dates: Monday August 3, 2020 through Friday August 7, 2020
Time: Two separate camp groups this year for safety reasons:
10am-12pm – Morning camp for our younger students (under age 12),
1pm-3pm – Afternoon camp for our older students (12+).
Each camp group will have no more than 23 students.
During the camp experience participants will:
- Create, rehearse, and perform fun, modern, cutting-edge arrangements within a “vocal band” (a cappella group) setting.
- Learn how to work with others while maintaining social distance to create a full sound using only our voices.
- Learn the basics of improvising, writing and arranging a cappella music.
- Learn the elements needed to record a dynamic virtual performance.
- Learn how to record and submit a video and voice recording for a final showcase to be presented with international a cappella artists Face Vocal Band during a live-stream concert!
Performance: For everyone’s safety, we are modifying our performance this year. Please read Summer Camp 2020 for more information on the performance details and perks that this year’s camp offers to our students! We are excited to offer this year’s performance modification as it will give our campers an opportunity to be heard by thousands of Face fans at a Face live-stream concert!
NOTE: Due to the amount of planning involved for each camper, we cannot issue refunds for any reason. Please consider all possible conflicts before enrolling. Thank you.
Additional: A required medical and release form will be sent prior to the start of camp.